Pam Jam Tournament
Tournament Rules & Regulations
Softball Canada and PWSA playing rules apply
Free substitution will be allowed on defense only – ALL players must bat.
‘Temporary Runners’ are allowed:
- For Catcher with 2 outs;
- In the case of injury – injury must occur during tournament play
- Must be last available batter
Teams must be ready and available to play 15 minutes prior to game time.
There will be no infield practice on game diamonds.
Home team will be decided by flip of coin for round robin and higher seed’s choice for elimination and championship games.
Games will be played to regulation 7 innings with the following exceptions:
- No new inning will start after 1 hour and 20 minutes
- The umpire keeps the official time and will provide this time after 1st pitch
- Drop dead time of 1 hour and 35 minutes – score reverts to last completed inning
- Home team will NOT bat if ahead after time limit expires
- Tie games will stand during round robin play
Mercy rule will be in effect for all games including semi-final and medal games:
- U10 and U12 only: Maximum of 5 runs per inning per team; no open innings
- 15 runs ahead at the end of the 3rd or 4th inning
- 10 runs ahead at the end of the 5th or later inning
Standings – Teams receive 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie
- In the event of teams tied, tie will be broken by:
- Head-to-Head (only if all tied teams played one another)
- Run differential (+/-7 runs max. per game)
- Lower runs against in all games
- Higher runs for in all games
Scores to be entered into TeamSnap Tournament app – please download and have ready prior to the start of Pan-JAM II. Home team provides the official scorekeeper.
Tournament format, schedule and rules may be altered as necessary.
- Tournament cancellation:
- $50.00 administrative fee retained
- 1 game played – 75% refund; 2 games – 50% refund; 3+ games – no refund
No protests will be accepted.
The umpire’s decision is final.
The game will be decided on the field of play.