Standings Point System
Please submit scores to your Division Convenor within 48 hours after your game so standings can be kept up-to-date.
Standings are scored and ranked based on a points system that rewards competition and recognizes participation. Teams with higher point totals will rank ahead of teams with lower point totals.
Points are awarded as follows:
Win : 3 points Tie : 2 points Loss: 1 point Forfeit: 0 points
Tie Breaker System
In the event of a tie in the standings a series of rules will be applied to break the tie. If a rule cannot resolve the tie, the system moves on to the next rule in sequence. The first rule to break the tie will determine the standings and no further rules will apply.
Head to Head Rules
- Head to Head: A comparison of two or more tied teams based on who has won or lost when playing against each other. Games against all non-tied teams are ignored. The team that has beaten the other teams involved in the tie the most is the winner.
- Head to Head Two Teams Only: Follows Head to Head tie breaker rules, but only for a two way tie.
- Head to Group: Follows Head to Head tie breaker rules, but only if all teams have played each other at least once.
Point Differential Rules
- Point Differential (Group): The total number of runs scored by a team in all games, minus the total number of runs scored by the team's opponent in all games. To encourage balance play, and discourage "running up" scores, a maximum run differential of 15 points in any single game will apply for tie breaking purposes.
- Point Differential Tied Teams Only: The total number of runs scored by a team minus the total number of runs scored by the team's opponent in games between the teams involved in the tie only. The maximum run differential of 15 points applies.
- Total Points Scored: The sum of all runs scored by the team in all games played. The higher the number the better.
- Total Points Allowed: The sum of all runs scored by the opponent team in all games played. The lower the number the better.
- Most Games Won: The sum of all games won by the team in all games played. The higher the number the better.
- Most Games Lost: The sum of all games lost by the team in all games played. The lower the number the better.
All Divisions News
TORONTO, ONTARIO – Softball Ontario is now accepting applications for a local softball association stakeholder to be the Chair of the U12 LTPD Competition Review…Read More
The Provincial Women’s Softball Association is pleased to announce its revised Scholarship/Bursary Program for the 2018 softball season. In 1986, Provincial Women’s Softball Association established…Read More