After 30 plus years as the North York Women’s Softball League, we are excited to announce new branding for the 2019 season and the future!
After receiving 28 submissions in a re-naming contest open to all league coaches, managers, players and parents, the winning submission is the
CENTRAL EAST WOMEN’S FASTPITCH LEAGUE
This new moniker was submitted by two members from the league
- Colleen Merlin, Aurora Diggers U12
- Jordie Barker, Oshawa Lady B’s West U14
The new name more accurately represents our league’s geographic location within Ontario, that encompasses all our member associations. The name includes a switch from softball to “fastpitch” to match the trend of modernizing the sport, and to distinguish it from other types of softball.
A new logo was designed that aligns with those released by Softball Canada in 2017 and Softball Ontario in 2018. The new league logo:
- retains the colour scheme of Red, Black, White and Yellow
- colors align with the colours of Softball Canada and Softball Ontario
- softball is upgraded from an accent to a primary feature as the defining image of our sport
- features a modern version of the trillium flower to represent Ontario
- has variations for different uses online, print, medals, embroidery, etc.
Our founding organizations thank all those who submitted entries. The league looks forward to growing the capacity of the sport, our member associations, our players and the league under the new brand, the Central East Women’s Fastpitch League.
The founding members are:
- Aurora Diggers
- Clarington Ravens
- Cobourg Jr. Angels
- Kawartha Lakers
- Napanee Express
- Oshawa Lady B’s
- Oshawa Shamrocks
- Peterborough Thunder
- Port Perry Angels
- Whitby Eagles