As we continue to work through these challenging times, we see some light on the horizon with the opening of the sport fields in many municipalities today. We have been working diligently with the ministry and our counterparts across the country to develop acceptable return to play protocols for our sport and hope to have a draft document out this week with suggested protocols for thee resumption of practices.
In response to the Government of Ontario’s declaration of a state of emergency, for the protection of our members and athletic community, P.W.S.A. will be extending the current suspension of all activities until June 2, 2020. Softball Ontario is also suspending all operations until June 2, 2020.
We will continue to re-evaluate circumstances every two-weeks. Email messages will continue to be monitored and we will endeavor to provide support to our members as best we can in the weeks to come.
Softball Canada has extended the suspension of its operations through May 31, 2020 and to date, have not cancelled any Canadian Championships at this point. They continue to work with the host organizations across the country, and decision on the viability of the events is expected in June, however, we continue to have weekly calls with them to discuss the circumstances and updates on Covid suspensions across country.
The Eastern Canadian Championship committee has determined at present to continue with all championships for 2020.
At present, the government has yet to suspend or cancel the Ontario Summer Games, we continue to discuss and monitor this situation on bi-weekly calls with ministry.
Given we anticipate a staggered return to play based on the varying municipalities as well as government regulations on mass gathering numbers, we have reaching out to the Associations and then with the teams by division in a series of Town halls and surveys in order to work collectively toward what the partial season/Provincial Championships may look like.
These town Halls began the week of May 4th for the Associations and the weeks of May 11 and May 18 for the teams by division.
We have also reviewed our affiliation and signing deadline dates and while challenging, will need to remain in place if we are to hit the ground running in the event we are fortunate enough to get a partial season. We have sent you all forms electronically and you can have your athletes, parents sign and send electronically for 2020, we will also waive the requirement of the signatures on the team certificate and waive the requirements of coach certification Provincially for the 2020 season. One challenge will be the declaration of tiers as generally there are a handful of teams who are uncertain as to tier 1 or 2 and utilize early tournaments for decision making, however they will have to do so by the deadline dates which will remain the same as published.
U10 to U19 Divisions — May 8, 2020
Intermediate, Open, Masters Divisions — May 29, 2020
Changing Tier I or Tier II Deadline
May 24, 2020
U10 to U19 Divisions — May 31, 2020
Intermediate, Open, Masters Divisions — June 10, 2020
In the meantime, for any questions you may have on affiliations, please contact the Association Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone for their understanding and support as we navigate through this very tough and challenging time for all.
from Ontario PWSA https://ift.tt/3gi6uXh